[SATLUG] Flash issues...

ed horned0wl93 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 03:11:39 CST 2008

Todd W. Bucy wrote:
> ed wrote:

> I had this issue a couple of weeks ago. after another update.  I
> simply uninstalled FF and the flash plugin and then reinstalled.
> Worked for me.  That said I am using 8.04 lts rather then 8.10.  It
> has been my recent experience that 8.10 is not nearly as stable as
> previous some of Ubuntu's other 6 month releases.

Hi Todd;

I'm also sticking with 8.04 for much the same reasons.   I discovered
that somehow I had /swfdec/ (6.0.9) installed, and that it was stomping
all over /flash-plugin-nonfree/ (10.0.3.15) -- couldn't install,
uninstall or change flash until after I dumped swfdec.  Then, however,
flash restored to normal operation.  Go figure, huh?

Cheers;
Ed