[SATLUG] Study for RHCE...

Tweeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Mon Dec 22 19:08:22 CST 2008

On Saturday 20 December 2008 10:53:37 am Borries Demeler wrote:
> > stupid exam.  I even have "Enginner" on my business cards.  Texas can
> > kiss my
>
> Last yeer I kudn't spel Engineer.  Now I are won.

Ha.. yeah.. I'm famous for that.. Especially in posts after 1am. :)
But hey.. I can always claim that I are an Aggie Engineer.. ;)

But you're right Steve.. the abuse of the title has really watered down what
it means.  I mean when an illegal can get a job as a "Sanitation Engineer",
it does kind of make me say "whaaa?".  Whatever.. Titles are bunk anyway.
It's what you have done and what you can DO that's important. MCSE.. just a
paper cert.. RHCE.. better (hands on).. but I've still seen some of the worst
sys-admins pass the RHCE, and some of the best have problems with the test.
No biggie.  I usually look at experience first.. education second, then any
certs to round things out.
</soap box>

Merry Christmas all...

Tweeks
(via port 2525 over my mom's crappy DSL link)