[SATLUG] What does engineer mean in the State of Texas?

Nate Turnage pixelnate at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 10:09:28 CST 2008

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 9:27 AM, D Villarreal <dvprogs at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to see an engineering contest where the winner is the one who can
> best replicate the Great Pyramid of Giza [to scale], or even explain how it
> was done authoritatively.

Hundreds of very intelligent people have long debated the hows and whys and
whats of the Great Pyramid in Giza and nothing has been decided
authoritatively through that discourse, so I don't think an engineering
competition in San Antonio is going to unravel that mystery either. I think
a student engineering competition might be cool to do in this city to see
how far kids can get into these subjects, though.

~Nate