[SATLUG] OT: ISP options in Schertz?

Samuel Leon satlug at net153.net
Thu Dec 25 09:32:30 CST 2008

Jennie Haywood wrote:
> I have a friend who is moving back to Tx (Schertz in particular).  Any
> opinions on the ISP options for that area?
> He works from home so whoever it is - they MUST be reliable.    So I'm
> thinking that cuts Time-warner out of the picture...  I had the one weird
> problem (rogue DHCP server that they would not admit to) with Grande but no
> problems since.   He's thinking that he'll need to do DSL.
>
> Any thoughts??
>
> Jennie

I live down the street in Marion.  I have been there for 2 years.  I
have been using time warner and road runner there ever since.  I have
not had very many problems.  I would recommend their business class
offering so that when you do have a problem they will be quicker to fix
it.  I think most of the problems related to service have more to do
with the quality of the lines in the city than the ISP.  You could get
service with a second ISP for redundancy.  Honestly if it was me I would
be cheap and just stick with one ISP and if there are ever any problems
I would just go to Starbucks or McDonald's and use the free wifi

Sam