[SATLUG] Printing Mystery Might be OT .

rsuberg at satx.rr.com rsuberg at satx.rr.com
Thu Dec 25 12:09:59 CST 2008

Another possibility to bear in mind that I haven't seen mentioned is possibly a corrupt file.  I saw that you copied it from cd to hd, but it doesn't look like that made a difference.  The file itself might have been bad on the cd - so copying it off you will still get the bad data.  The suggestion of rendering that page to PostScript and trying to print it that way should answer that question.  (You might just print that page manually, both sides, and then let the other pages go the way you have.  Insert the lonely page at the correct spot and you have your book.)  However, I have seen where a page displays ok but you have one monster of a time trying to print it out.  Doesn't even have to be pdf.

I get calls like that all the time and some of the users insist there is something wrong with the printer because it will print fine on another printer or that same file printed ok before.  That little brother printer you said you had is a relatively small design and might just be getting confused.

Richard