[SATLUG] Printing Mystery Might be OT .

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Thu Dec 25 12:53:27 CST 2008

rsuberg at satx.rr.com wrote:
> Another possibility to bear in mind that I haven't seen mentioned is possibly a corrupt file.  I saw that you copied it from cd to hd, but it doesn't look like that made a difference.  The file itself might have been bad on the cd - so copying it off you will still get the bad data.  The suggestion of rendering that page to PostScript and trying to print it that way should answer that question.  (You might just print that page manually, both sides, and then let the other pages go the way you have.  Insert the lonely page at the correct spot and you have your book.)  However, I have seen where a page displays ok but you have one monster of a time trying to print it out.  Doesn't even have to be pdf.
>
> I get calls like that all the time and some of the users insist there is something wrong with the printer because it will print fine on another printer or that same file printed ok before.  That little brother printer you said you had is a relatively small design and might just be getting confused.

Thanks Richard, I hope to get back to it later today or tomorrow. I am
keen to know why the printer inserted those 3 blanks and when I turned
the stack over , the printer knew to pass those blanks. Looking at the
.PDF  printed to the screen it shows no break between pg 22 and pg 23 at
all and both pages print fully to screen. I love mysteries that do not
really interfere with what I am working on giving plenty of time to
think on them. I can afford the paper and the toner so gonna try to
reprint the entire book as a dual job, The other mystery is once it has
rebooted the system it remembers and repeats the boot when the file is
opened in the new session and the print command given on any selected page.

I will try the workroun also and post the results.

herb