[SATLUG] 12-25-08

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Thu Dec 25 13:53:04 CST 2008

Geoff/W5OMR wrote:
> Charles Hogan wrote:

>>> What's wrong with 3 feet of snow?  Peace, Dennis, KB5VYA
>>
>> I think he's just trying to make those of us in the south jealous  I
>> miss snow.
>
> You can HAVE it!  We had about an inch and a half that stuck to the
> ground here in North Houston (Baja Spring) a couple of weeks ago.
>
> You think the traffic is bad in Houston, on a -good- day?  Try with
> rain tossed in.  Heaven forbid it ever snow here, again.  These idiots
> would KILL themselves!

Hey Geoff, remember the Feb. ice storm in 1989 when in 3 days there were
over 2,000 recorded auto accidents in the Houston area. I remember
living in Todd Mission and that it got down to 5f for couple days and
was below freezing several days. I don't recall the number of deaths but
was quiet a few.

Here in Bedias (90mi N of Houston) we got 3" in this last snow and it
lasted 1/2 a day.
herb