[SATLUG] 12-25-08

Geoff/W5OMR w5omr at att.net
Thu Dec 25 15:28:57 CST 2008

herb cee wrote:

>> You can HAVE it!  We had about an inch and a half that stuck to the
>> ground here in North Houston (Baja Spring) a couple of weeks ago.
>>
>> You think the traffic is bad in Houston, on a -good- day?  Try with
>> rain tossed in.  Heaven forbid it ever snow here, again.  These
>> idiots would KILL themselves!
>

> Hey Geoff, remember the Feb. ice storm in 1989 when in 3 days there
> were over 2,000 recorded auto accidents in the Houston area. I
> remember living in Todd Mission and that it got down to 5f for couple
> days and was below freezing several days. I don't recall the number of
> deaths but was quiet a few.
>
> Here in Bedias (90mi N of Houston) we got 3" in this last snow and it
> lasted 1/2 a day.
> herb

All this time, Herb, I thought you were in the San Antonio area.  I was,
until mid-August of this year.  Had been there for 49 years and 8 and a
half months (minus 4.5 years in SoCal, and 6 mos in Pasa-GET-DOWN-dena,
Texas)

Appears as if you're recovering well from your heart attack.  I hope
that healing trend continues.

Wasn't here in 89 for the freeze.  I was in San Antonio in Feb of 1984,
when it was 9f for a high, for 4 days.  Pipes froze, water was
everywhere, the city was shut down and (as they say in Southern
Louisiana) it wuddn't nuttin' nice!

-Geoff