[SATLUG] 12-25-08

Geoff/W5OMR w5omr at att.net
Fri Dec 26 05:34:46 CST 2008

ed wrote:

> Geoff/W5OMR wrote:
>>
>> Wasn't here in Houston in 89 for the freeze.  I was in San Antonio in
>> Feb of 1984, when it was 9f for a high, for 4 days.  Pipes froze,
>> water was everywhere, the city was shut down and (as they say in
>> Southern Louisiana) it wuddn't nuttin' nice!
>>
>> -Geoff
> And nobody mentions the San Antonio snows of January 1985, where we
> had 18" on e Saturday, and 11" the next. The lawn was really nice that
> summer...

I was on the south east side of San Antonio in Highland Hills...  my
neighbor and I walked around, marveling in it all.  We got into
snow-ball fight, after snow-ball fight.  Then, we got back to the house,
got some coffee, and hear a 'noise' Bang! Clang!
k-e-e-e-r-r-r-u-u-u-n-n-c-h....

We looked at each other, we had a knowing grin, then filled a thermos
each, got some lawn chairs and went to the top of the hill to watch the
idiots in San Antonio try to stop their vehicles down at the bottom of a
40 degree hill... covered in snow.

Called a wrecker friend of ours, and he just cleaned up that night.

-Geoff