[SATLUG] OT - microsoft pay as you go......................

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 29 21:25:51 CST 2008

--- On Mon, 12/29/08, Don Wright <satlug at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Don't forget that your search will be MSN and nobody
> else, because using any
> software or services not provided by MS is forbidden as
> "circumvention".
> Wave bye-bye to Google/Yahoo/Ask unless they agree to let
> MS set their rates
> -- plus take a piece of the action. Pretty much any non-MS
> company will be
> locked out of their previous market unless they pay the
> Danegeld.

<snip>

I didnt read the whole thing but you think there will be censorship to where you can only use MSN type software?  If so, I'm glad I acquire MS software without any guilt what-so-ever.  What kind of BS is that?  That gets me pissed off as much as MP3's with DRM.  I bought my son a Ipod Nano and am going to *pay* (yea, actually I will pay) for a subscription but NOT to ITunes or any DRM type music provider.

Its sad that people follow the MS gravy train because of their own stupidity and/or not wanting to test out the waters with something different.  I dont want to bash MS too bad because of their poorly designed OS as it provides income for many of my friends in the IT world.

Although I am glad to see more new desktops having Linux as an option.  Have any of you folks on this list noticed any new faces at any SATLUG get-together?  I havent been but need to go.

-=Alex