[SATLUG] concerning DVD archiving and Mythtv

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Tue Dec 30 17:58:41 CST 2008

in the last few months I have noticed that it has become increasing
difficult to copy to hard drive (for personal archival purposes of
course) some newer movies.  This is especially true for movies released
by that Rat from Florida. To be clear I am not attempting to transcode
but am doing a ISO copy of the entire DVD.  Furthermore I know that this
works on my system as I just copied Horton Hears a Who (a twentieth
century fox release) however when I tried to do a copy of Wall-E
(released by the Rat and Pixar).  Has anyone else had such difficulties
with Disney movies? if so is there a way around this issue?

thanks in advance
Todd