[SATLUG] Scanners

ed horned0wl93 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 19:01:33 CST 2008

Hi Bruce~

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a scanner for use in Linux.  My needs are
> relatively modest.  I do not need a sheet feeder.  I would like to be
> able to scan an occasional 8 1/2 x 11 sheet and some photos and
> slides.  Overall use would be considered light.
>
>   -- Bruce
My HP 4440 All-In-One printer/scanner/copier does all that, and the
Linux load instructions are right on the HP site page for the unit.  Can
be had for anywhere from $49 - $99, depending on where you shop...  (I
also have an old HP 2300 ScanJet flat-bed scanner you could haul away if
you want...  Works well under HPOJ)

Cheers!
Ed