[SATLUG] concerning DVD archiving and Mythtv

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Wed Dec 31 01:20:34 CST 2008

Don Wright wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 17:58:41 -0600, "Todd W. Bucy" <toddwbucy at grandecom.net>
> wrote:
>

>> ... however when I tried to do a copy of Wall-E
>> (released by the Rat and Pixar).  Has anyone else had such difficulties
>> with Disney movies? if so is there a way around this issue?
>>

> Just verified with my Wall-e DVD. Both K3B and dd report unable to copy
> encrypted sectors. Not interested enough to look further. --Don

Thanks for the confirmation I guess the Rat has changed up his copy
protection.  Ill start checking elsewhere for a work around...that is
unless someone already knows of one?  If you do pass me the info off
list, as this is may be a legal grey area.  (I swear, me hardys, its
only for me private archival purposes Arrr.)

Todd

Todd