[SATLUG] converting to the GNU/Linux way

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Dec 31 10:31:15 CST 2008

on 12/29/08 11:55 PM, Bruce Dubbs said:

>>                                       Recently SAC had a planned power
>> outage.  Before I shut it down the OpenBSD transparent bridge had been
>> up for 458 days.
>
> Hmm.  Our Linux From Scratch server has been up a while too:
>
>  $ uptime
>  22:45:23 up 456 days ...

And we have multiple Solaris boxes as production servers at UT Austin
(including as the production OpenLDAP Enterprise Directory servers for
one of the largest OpenLDAP installations in the world) with uptimes in
excess of 600 days, and I've had HP-UX boxes back when I was at AOL with
uptimes in excess of 1000 days.

What's your point?

--
Brad Knowles