[SATLUG] cutting mixing audio

Daniel J. Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Fri Feb 1 19:28:16 CST 2008

riugakusei at aim.com wrote:
> hi i am looking for a program that would alllow me to cut edit and mix songs.... any suggestions...? thanks in advacefor your help
> ?i

Have you looked at Audacity? I've used it to make ringtones for myself
out of mp3's.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Looking at the packages in the Ubuntu repositories, there is also
Jokosher (http://www.jokosher.org/), mhWaveEdit
(https://gna.org/projects/mhwaveedit), ReZound
(http://rezound.sourceforge.net/), Rosegarden
(http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/), Sweep
(http://www.metadecks.org/software/sweep/), and probably a few others,
but I'm kind of tired of looking through the list. Give those a looksee
and see if one of those works for you.

You might also want to look at the Ubuntu Studio distro
(http://ubuntustudio.org/). It's made specifically for A/V work. If
nothing else, you can look at what is included by default there for ideas.

Best of luck!

Daniel