[SATLUG] OT: Wintendo

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 20:49:30 CST 2008

There's a project that allows you to do software raid without motherboard raid just like mdadm in Linux. That's what I meant.

Ernest De Leon <edeleonjr at gmail.com> wrote: I doubt you will see any difference in FPS with RAID 0 because disks and
graphics are not related.  Your motherboard RAID is software raid, or 'fake'
hardware RAID...however you want to put it.  Unless you purchased an add in
hardware RAID controller, you won't have a true hardware RAID.

On Feb 1, 2008 4:53 PM, Chris Lemire  wrote:

> I have a dual boot of Wintendo 64-bit and Fedora Core 8 64-bit. I never
> wanted it until I got an 8800 gts. I'm wondering if it is possible to
> increase my frames per second in games with raid 0. Is software raid or
> motherboard raid a better choice for Wintendo?

Ernest de Leon
http://www.smbtechadvice.com

voiced by Benjamin Franklin

government." - Edward Abbey

Join the Ron Paul Revolution - Taking America Back -
http://www.prezronpaul.com