[SATLUG] OT: Wintendo

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 20:55:48 CST 2008

I don't really like the game Crysis. I don't have it installed anymore. Actually games aren't so dependent on cpu as many think. Mike L. overclocked his coro2duo from 2.4 ghz to 4.2 ghz, and it didn't make one fps difference in his games. I'm sure if you had a very slow cpu, it would make a difference, but games are mostly gpu bound. However gamers usually want fast memory, and I've heard of gamers using raid 0. Is it not making a difference for their frames per second?

Jonathan Hull <masterr at gmail.com> wrote: RAIDing (striping) will only help with load times. It won't affect
your FPS at all. Thats more dependent on your video card and your CPU.
Thats a nice video card, so unless your CPU (or possibly RAM) is a
bottle neck or you must play Crysis on highest settings most games
should be fine on your 8800GTS (same card I have).