[SATLUG] Sopcast TV streaming

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 17:37:16 CST 2008

On Feb 2, 2008 3:32 PM, Brian Lewis <astro at astr0.org> wrote:
> Streaming the superbowl without the express written concent of the NFL
> is highly illegal.
> And sop logs ip's. I recommend paying for cable and watching it legally.

Heh, yeah, you aren't even allowed to act out a superb play either to
tell your friends about it.  In fact, any representation of the game
is illegal.  So, you can't even tell your friend over the phone "dude,
the guy did a backflip, landed on his head and caught the ball upside
down!  It was insane!"  That would be illegal.  It is also illegal to
watch DVDs you legally own on Linux ;-P
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"Know something about everything and everything about something."