[SATLUG] not successful at installfest (Winmodem)

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 3 23:03:43 CST 2008

He could get a satellite uplink for faster internet. The problem with that is that the equipment cost around $500. My grandfather who is an electronic engineer built his only huge satellite dish on the side of our house that moves to contact other satellite dishes. I'm wondering if something similar is possible, so that he could get a satellite uplink internet connection for an inexpensive price.

FIRESTORM_v1 <firestorm.v1 at gmail.com> wrote: On dialup, that might be faster..

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon loaded with 8GB DAT
tapes. :P

Sorry, just had to.

FIRESTORM_v1  (ducks)