[SATLUG] not successful at installfest (Winmodem)

Don Crowder donguitar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 00:54:54 CST 2008

Chris Lemire wrote:
> I'm going to have to tell him to get some software that will resume failed downloaded. The only one I know of for Winderz is stardownloader. That'd be easier than me telling him to get wget that is ported to windows.
>
> tsuehpsyde <tsuehpsyde at gmail.com> wrote: I downloaded full distros back in the Red Hat 6 era over dial-up. Having a
> slow connection to the internet is no excuse to not download Linux. ;)

DLE is a very good Windows app that breaks downloads into threads and is
capable of resuming downloads that are interupted.
http://www.yanew.com/

Just for the record, at the request of anyone on this list, I'll be
happy to download any single ISO file, burn a CD and mail it at my own
expense to any place in the world.  I don't currently have a DVD burner
installed on my system but I do have one ordered so that will soon
extend to DVDs.  Contact info is on my website.