[SATLUG] not successful at installfest (Winmodem)

Don Crowder donguitar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 00:54:54 CST 2008

Chris Lemire wrote:
> I'm going to have to tell him to get some software that will resume failed downloaded. The only one I know of for Winderz is stardownloader. That'd be easier than me telling him to get wget that is ported to windows.
> tsuehpsyde <tsuehpsyde at gmail.com> wrote: I downloaded full distros back in the Red Hat 6 era over dial-up. Having a
> slow connection to the internet is no excuse to not download Linux. ;)
DLE is a very good Windows app that breaks downloads into threads and is
capable of resuming downloads that are interupted.

Just for the record, at the request of anyone on this list, I'll be
happy to download any single ISO file, burn a CD and mail it at my own
expense to any place in the world.  I don't currently have a DVD burner
installed on my system but I do have one ordered so that will soon
extend to DVDs.  Contact info is on my website.