[SATLUG] gparted y. WinXP

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Mon Feb 4 16:24:58 CST 2008

Received a new toy. Shuttle NS41G2 (actually a V-Day
present for my girl friend) and Gparted was unable to
resize the XP NTFS partition installe Linux. After
three unsucessful attempts (resizng hda1) it would
not resize hda1, and after exiting, it would no
longer boot.  Fortunately I had the CD and was able
to go into rescure and fix the boot, without trauma
(or data loss).

Question: is this a quirk, one time experience, or is
there something I need to know, and/or try.  Had no
problems with gparted on another XP drive, it resized
normally, and dual boots normally.

Whip it on me, I'm educable.