[SATLUG] [OT] camera repair

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Feb 4 20:32:35 CST 2008

Sorry for the OT post - I am looking for someone who could potentially
fix a video camera or could suggest a place where I could get it repaired.
The camera is a Canon Ultura miniDV. I lost power to the unit and cannot
retrieve the tape locked inside it. I would like to use the camera at least
for playback of existing tapes so I can store all information to harddrive.
I plan on replacing the unit with a newer model that writes to flash drive,
but for now I need a way to read my existing tapes which I never saved to
harddrive. Any suggestions?

Thanks, -borries