[SATLUG] [OT] camera repair

Luis Garza luis at luisgarza.com
Tue Feb 5 08:24:08 CST 2008

Dennis Myhand wrote:
> Borries Demeler wrote:
>> Sorry for the OT post - I am looking for someone who could
>> potentially fix a video camera or could suggest a place where I could
>> get it repaired.
>> The camera is a Canon Ultura miniDV. I lost power to the unit and cannot
>> retrieve the tape locked inside it. I would like to use the camera at
>> least
>> for playback of existing tapes so I can store all information to
>> harddrive.
>> I plan on replacing the unit with a newer model that writes to flash
>> drive,
>> but for now I need a way to read my existing tapes which I never
>> saved to
>> harddrive. Any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks, -borries
>
> Check with Havel Camera.
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~rlewisnewman/havel/index.html
>
> Havel Camera Svc
> 1102 Basse Rd,
> San Antonio, TX 78212
> (210) 735-7412
>
> They do free estimates
I have used Havel before for both my camera and video equipment.

The guy does a great jobs.

He is known through out the state.  He is that good.

I would avoid Camera Exchange.  They will try to get you to sell them
the camera and then low ball you.  They are into reselling used
equipment so they need to buy your stuff cheap.

Luis Garza