[SATLUG] Sopcast TV streaming

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 19:47:46 CST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 5:40 PM, John Pappas <j at jvpappas.net> wrote:
> As with most things, this is bandwidth limited, so h264 compression is
> recommended, and I can shoot 2 streams over my 1MB "Turbo RR"  with
> reasonable success.  As long as the recieving side can keep ~350Kbps
> downstream, things go reasonably well.

Although h264 (x264 in foss) is *seemingly* superior, ogg/theora still
offers pretty outstanding compression ratios with wide support.  I
have filed bugs for h264 and mp4/aac implementations in numerous free
packages as they are just not up to snuff.  Even more reason to stay
with ogg/theora...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"Know something about everything and everything about something."