[SATLUG] BackupPC handling of EA's and ACL's

Daniel J. Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Wed Feb 6 00:53:37 CST 2008

You would think this would be a fairly straight forward question to find
an answer for, but I can't find one. Does BackupPC handle extended
attributes and POSIX ACLs? If not, anyone have any suggestions for
alternatives? I'm looking at backing up a linux home-network server,
desktop, laptop and htpc, as well as a windows desktop and laptop.

Also, anyone had any experience with Bacula? I'm going to be doing these
backups to a centralized hard drive, so no tapes will be involved. If
nothing else, I suppose I can brush off my old scripts that used dar and
setup the crappy windows backup utility on the other boxes.

Thanks,
Daniel