[SATLUG] cd audio burning

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 16:29:06 CST 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 4:19 PM, herb cee <hc at lookcee.com> wrote:

> Yeah look here: the forced speed was reset in both cases and the DMA
> test set the speed
> Forcespeed is OFF.
> Speed set to 2822 KB/s
> Starting to write CD/DVD at speed  16.0 in real TAO mode for single
> session.
>
> and
>
> Forcespeed is OFF.
> Speed set to 8467 KB/s
> Starting to write CD/DVD at speed  48.0 in real TAO mode for single
> session.
>
> I have no idea how to cure this tho perhaps your command is too early in
> the config sequence and is being reset by another line that needs to be
> # out ... just guessing

Geoff and I were talking about this privately. I kind of think its a
combination of dbus/hald and this wodim program. Its a port from
cdrecord, probably a SuSE thing. Since SuSE automounts a disc
regardless if its written or not, my thought, or idea was, that the
software layer doing this is somehow affecting the interaction between
wodim and the device. On my Slack 12 system, I don't have any of this,
so I can drop the speed to anything I want and cdrecord will do what I
tell it to.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu