[SATLUG] What distro to install on a G3

Mary Yatti yatinhat at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 9 12:33:56 CST 2008

I have a dozen donated G3 towers (blue/white) that I'd
like to fix to donate out for special needs kids.
I've been able to download Mac games on some of them.
A few of them have admin passwords and I can't install
anything so would like to do a clean install.  For
older computers...they rock.

I have Microsoft Office 2004 for Macs..I'd like to
install that for one child.  I don't think Ubuntu
would work here.

Someone mentioned Ubuntu, I think OS 10 Leopard is
overkill.  I've been googling, but don't have a lot of
time right now.  So I thought I'd ask the group's
input...as one of the kids calls daily.

Mary :)