[SATLUG] not successful at installfest (Winmodem)

John Pappas j at jvpappas.net
Sat Feb 9 13:18:46 CST 2008

On Feb 6, 2008 1:31 PM, FIRESTORM_v1 <firestorm.v1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just an FYI for anyone considering the Sprint EVDO/Data service on the
> PCMCIA card:
>
> They make a linksys router specifically to interface with their aircard!

More specifically, they [Sprint] support the specified router.  This is
exactly the solution that I use for mobile WAP's as well as fixed wireless.
I have a guy in La Vernia that uses this setup for his house, as DSL is a
no-show, there is no cable, and his experience with the other fixed wireless
in the area was not great.  I added a booster antenna to help his
throughput.  Definitely get a EVDO revA, as the RTTx1 is not spectacular.

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1160093298732&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=9873239789B02

For those looking for different form factors or applications:
http://3gstore.com/ has a selection of EVDO routers and gear
http://www.stompboxnetworks.com/ demonstrates the manufacture of a custom
box using the Soekris platforms.

HTH,