[SATLUG] new box built but not qutie happy

toddwbucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Sat Feb 9 19:47:36 CST 2008

no this is for a video production box.  This will be the master in an
eventual render farm. I will be running cinelerra and I expect to have
at least 4 other boxes writing to this one.  Right now I have 2 80gig
IDE and 4 320 gig sata2.  Was thinking of setting the 80 gigs as
software 0 as it will be the one that the cinelerra reader farm writes
too.  I wanted to use the 4 320 gigs as raid 5 but I am real
disappointed in the write performance so I have been thinking of either
useing a hardware raid 5 or trying to get the ubuntu gutsy alternate
install to do a raid 1+0.  by the way my raid 5 array will be use to
archive the raid 0 will only be used for production.