[SATLUG] Re: OT Old ATX Case (Resolved)

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Sun Feb 10 16:04:22 CST 2008

Charles has one, and we plan to get together some
time this week.

Daniel:
Yes I meant ATX, I have at several old AT cases,
and all the ones I've seen use a physically and
electrically different On/Off switch. The AT is a
SPST with mechanical detent (eg. stays on/closed
when depressed, until depressed again and turns
off/open. It's in series with the 120VAC input to
the power supply.

The actual switch in most ATX cases is a small cube
shape, 0.330" x 0.330" x 0.330" that fits into
different shape activating buttons that protrude
through the case front panel. The switch when
depressed activates ATX function of the mother board
that signals the ATX power supply to either turn
on or off.

Tom:
Thanks for the links, I have a parts bin drawer
full of them, and much cheaper than R-Shack $0.87 ea.
The SPST-NO toggle I grafted was handy, and time was
of the essence (Ebay crunch time).  Love that Dead Man
switch, haven't seen one in ages.

Thanks  Lou