[XCSSA] [SATLUG] OT: Solar Powered Chargers for Laptops

Tom Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Wed Feb 13 00:41:55 CST 2008

On Tuesday 12 February 2008 21:44:42 X-otic Computer Systems of San Antonio
wrote:
> Funny you mention it.. For the past couple of year's I've bought the "12V
> Solar Panels" at harbor freight every time they've gone on sale for $10.
> My plan was to put three of them in a mechanically hinged, electrical
> parallel config to give me some portable power for my laptop.  Just haven't
> got around to it as of yet.

BTW.. Here are the panel's that I've been collecting and ripping apart:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=44768

Rip'em apart and mount'em in a hinged layout that folds up.  Add a nice
variable V-reg and a charger circuit and you've got a pretty flexible solar
power system.

Tweeks