[SATLUG] OT: Hard Drive Failure

Wayne Walker wwalker at bybent.com
Wed Feb 13 14:37:57 CST 2008

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 11:36:38AM -0600, Alan Lesmerises wrote:
> I, too, had 2 recent WD drive failures (do you think there's a trend
> here?).
Sorry, every data corruption and every drive failure I've personally
seen in the last year was Western Digital.  I won't even operate WDs in
a mirror or a RAID 5 because I've seen them write orrupt data to the
drive.  RAID 5 with a drive with corrupt data on it is almost certainly
complete data loss.  RAID 1 with a drive writing corrupt data to the
drive is also almost certainly significant data loss.

--

Wayne Walker

wwalker at bybent.com                    Do you use Linux?!
http://www.bybent.com                 Get Counted!  http://counter.li.org/