[SATLUG] OT: Hard Drive Failure

Wayne Walker wwalker at bybent.com
Wed Feb 13 14:39:43 CST 2008

I would buy an IDENTICAL drive (on eBay ifnecessary).  Then trade the
controller board.  you've got a 50/50 chance the drive will "just work"

If it does, then get the data off fast.  It probably has a bad bearing
and will very soon burn up the motor controller on the new board.

Use lot of fans to keep that board cool.