[SATLUG] Fedora Core Question

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Wed Feb 13 19:16:02 CST 2008

mrmedrano mrmedrano wrote:
> Thanks, but you must have missed the part about making it easy.
>
> This may be easy for you but not for me.

I also am a noob and i was trying to learn on Fedora. Your question was
answered and that is what you can expect here and in most Linux help
list/sites.

I will pass on the advice I got after several frustrating weeks with Fedora.
There is at least 133 different distributions of Linux based OS. You
alone can decide what you want the machine to do for you. Each of the
distributions is tailored to special needs.

Perhaps you would be better off using one of the newer more GUI friendly
brands like Ubuntu. I took this advice and have never looked back. Use
Google to find what you want and where to DL the OS.

Here is  http://www.ubuntu.com/ for DLing it.

This is the cheapest and fastest site I have found that you can buy a cd
rather than DLing and burning your own
http://www.discountlinuxdvd.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4

Good luck if you want to learn Linux you can.
herb