[SATLUG] reading advice

Don Wright wmail at wricomp.com
Fri Feb 15 18:53:33 CST 2008

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:36:22 -0600, toddwbucy <toddwbucy at grandecom.net>
wrote:

> ...  Basically what I am trying to
>understand is how a piece of code gets approved and implemented.  I was
>able to get a very basic outline from The Code but many of the details
>are missing.

The Debian Project is one of the older distros, and has a
well-documented process for code maintenance and project government.
Start at www.debian.org with the Social Contract and follow the rest of
the docs in the Developer's Corner. You can also look at the mailing
list archives on http://lists.debian.org/ for examples of how this works
in practice. For example, debian-legal covers how copyright, licensing
and patent issues interact with free software principles.

Enjoy!  --Don