[SATLUG] Printers

Geoff geoff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Sun Feb 17 15:43:48 CST 2008

Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote:
> On Feb 17, 2008 1:07 PM, Geoff <geoff at w5omr.shacknet.nu> wrote:
>
>> Please recommend a good, general purpose, reliable printer, that's easy
>> on ink, and works well in Linux.
>>

> Find a Linux printer:
> http://openprinting.org/printer_list.cgi
>
> For your ink question, I always set the default printing to "draft
> mode black/white", unless I really need to print something out in
> color or higher quality.  This, more than anything else, helps me
> conserve printers/cartridges for a very long time.  Most people don't
> do this, and I still wonder why...

Been there, Erik.  The choices are overwhelming.  It seems they're
depicting the Epson Stylus as the 'general, all-purpose' printer... and,
there'll be some text, some graphics, some mix...

even thought about just getting a printer that will live with it's own
ip address on the LAN here at the house.