[SATLUG] GUI direct-to-modem app & changing available res

rsuberg at satx.rr.com rsuberg at satx.rr.com
Sun Feb 17 23:56:55 CST 2008

I am looking for an app that will allow me to talk directly to my modem.  No PPP or anything. I just want to send and receive to the modem, like in the days of telix, procomm, BBS days.  I am going to leave the system to get caller-id stuff from the modem.  The simpler the better.  I am running Ubuntu 5.04 Live cd until I can figure out what is wrong with my system to get it running normal again.

I forgot to set the correct screen resolution that I wanted on system startup.  Can this be changed without a system restart or is there some magic that the more experienced know about?

Thanks for the help and interesting reading.

Richard