[SATLUG] Printers

Geoff geoff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Mon Feb 18 01:15:20 CST 2008

Brian Lewis wrote:
> *shrug* mine works.

Not in Linux, it doesn't.

> Just because there isn't a newb how to doesn't mean it doesn't work.
> I'm simply stating that mine "just works".

Not in Linux it doesn't.

The people at linuxprinting.org aren't what I would call 'noob's, and
-they- can't make it work.

Are you saying that somehow, you're smarter than they are, and you've
made the Canon i320 printer work in Linux when no one else can?

No.  No, I didn't think so.

*IN LINUX*, Brian!    The Canon i320 is like a winmodem... very minimal
hardware, all software, brainless, closed-source software, etc...
Canon doesn't make drivers for Linux.

The i320, as far as linux is concerned, is a paperweight!

http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-i320
OpenPrinting database - Printer: Canon i320
Home <http://openprinting.org/> *:* Database
<http://openprinting.org/database.html> *:* Printers
<http://openprinting.org/printer_list.cgi> *:* Canon
<http://openprinting.org/printer_list.cgi?make=Canon> *:* i320
Canon i320
<http://www.canon.ca/english/index-products.asp?lng=en&prodid=343&sgid=20&gid=2&ovr=1&arch=1>

Color inkjet printer, max. 2400x1200 dpi, this is a Paperweight

      User-contributed Printer Entry

This printer entry is not yet included in the Foomatic
<http://openprinting.org/foomatic.html> packages and the data on this
page is not verified or proofread. This entry can be edited by everyone.
*Edit this printer
<http://openprinting.org/edit_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-i320>*

*Add a similar printer
<http://openprinting.org/edit_printer.cgi?make=Canon&model=i320&newentry=1>*

      Notes

Will detect but there is no driver in dBase

      Discussion forum

Look for help in our forum for printers from Canon
<http://forums.openprinting.org/list.php?25>.

      Miscellaneous

Printer does not support PJL.
Refill: black and tri color cartridges