[SATLUG] Fedora 8 Installation

Charles Hogan cd_satl at futuretechsolutions.com
Wed Feb 20 02:57:24 CST 2008

Don Wright wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:19:48 -0600, "Matt Kinsel" <mkinsel at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know where I can get Fedora 8 isos for installation CDs?
>
> I think Fedora Project suggests using the Fedora Live CD in either GNOME
> or KDE flavors for the install, and let it download anything extra you
> need. DVDs are getting less useful for installation since common
> packages are updated frequently.
>
> FedoraUnity.org sometimes has the release (with updates) on multiple
> CDs, so give their site a look.  --Don

Also, you can do a network or hard disk install.  I normally download
the iso to another machine on my network, then mount the image and
install from there.  There is a smaller boot.iso in the images directory
that makes this near effortless.  I cannot remember the last time I
burned a distro to CD for installation.

A bit more info:
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f8/en_US/ch-other-install-methods.html