[SATLUG] Upgrade time, with questions!

Justin Burdette justin.burdette at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 09:52:47 CST 2008

Finally decided that this old machine has had it. Newegg is sending me a new
board, processor, case, and memory. I've been running OpenSUSE 10.3 (i586)
on this computer, and the new one will be an Athlon 64 X2, so I'm presuming
I need to use the x64 version. Now I come to the question...I've noticed
that it doesn't seem that a lot of the packages I can get for i*86 are
available as x64 packages. What will I need to do to run them on the x64
system?

I tried the OpenSUSE site, but it's harder to navigate than the French
Quarter during Mardi Gras with a 0.3 BAC.

Thanks in advance!

Justin

Geek Joke Time:

3x12=36