[SATLUG] Upgrade time, with questions!

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 10:11:27 CST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Justin Burdette
<justin.burdette at gmail.com> wrote:
> Glad to know I won't have problems then...the Firefox/Flash bit shouldn't be
>  too much hassle if that's all I've gotta deal with.
>
>  Just a little paranoid after my experience with WinXP's 64-bit edition and
>  trying to run 32-bit software on it...that was not fun <shudder>

I've been running CentOS 4.2 64bit for awhile now and haven't had any
problems. The only thing you'll figure out eventually is when you try
to compile any code. Default GCC will compile 64bit and sometimes
tries to link against 32bit libraries, which you can't do.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility