[SATLUG] Upgrade time, with questions!

Jonathan Hull masterr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 11:09:13 CST 2008

I opted for the "because eventually we need to move to 64 bit systems
in the future anyway because of memory restrictions". The more 64bit
users there are, the more likely developers will start to support it
natively. Chicken and egg.

It is actually possible now to use 64bit now without too much hassle,
so I figured I might as well. Only problem I have run into so far is
the java firefox plugin (icedtea) not working with my bank's site.
That is remedied by a manual install of the 32bit FF and JAVA in
another directory and using it just for that one site. Flash works
fine with nspluginwrapper.

-Jon