[SATLUG] OT: Video Cards

pixelnate pixelnate at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 17:24:45 CST 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 17:10 -0600, Brian Lewis wrote:
> Get a PCI-E geforce 8800gt. It will cost you more but will be well
> worth it. It also performs better than the 8800GTS. ATI's Linux
> support isn't quite there yet, so I would stay away.

I beg to differ. I have a 2900 Pro running with 64-bit Gutsy and I love
it. The last two driver releases from ATI/AMD have been very good. They
are concentrating on supporting the last few GPU families, but current
drivers for the high-end cards are very good.

~Nate
(i don't own an iPhone. i love iFreedom ;^)