[SATLUG] Question about questions

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Sun Feb 24 16:52:30 CST 2008

I wanna take advantage of the quiet spell and ask this.

So I know now after 9mos that learning Linux is hard and learning Linux
when you're dumb is really hard. I don't recall seeing this printed as
super important but you really have to learn about the CLI and learn
some basic commands as soon as you can, if you are the admin/user.

I think one of the most important to understand that when dudes like me
is/are a sole user, I am Captain, I must know where the bridge is. To do
that I had to understand how to make sure I knew where the bridge is now
not last time, tricky devil can be anywhere on the ship, and how to get
there when the Captain gives a command.

So I also have learned that you need to know some stuff just to know how
to ask the question, I still don't know what to read on and I wonder
what questions all you cool dudes on the list would recommend to get off
the ground learning how to steer the damn ship off the rocks? I mean
regardless of why I want to use the puter for but to keep it running and
know how to get out of a fix like being in the galley thinking I was on
bridge and typing the command and winding up with a black screen, yep I
did that one.

Thanks folks, herb