[SATLUG] Question about questions

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Feb 25 06:35:29 CST 2008

> In this case, VMWare is the best learning tool I can think of.  It let's you
> break/fix and play in a protected sandbox, without the hassle of rebooting,
>  especially if you only have 1 machine.  It does require some RAM and HDD,
> but not as much as a second machine.

If you don't want to spend the money buying VMware, you can download
the free player and a preconfigured Slackware 11 system VMware image, which
we use for the distribution of our software (it is pre-installed) from
our website. It may be the quickest way to get you working with Linux
going this route.

http://www.ultrascan.uthscsa.edu/vmwareplayer.html

It comes pre-installed with AccessGrid 3.1 videoconferencing software,
VNC and of course our software (UltraScan), which you can ignore unless
you have an analytical ultracentrifuge :-)

-b.