[SATLUG] Question about questions

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 08:51:43 CST 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 8:43 AM, John Pappas <j at jvpappas.net> wrote:

>  True.  I use VMWare Server on my non-workstation boxes, VMWare Workstation
>  on my sysad's boxen, and Player on users boxes.  I am downloading the image
>  now so that I can test the AG client.  Is there a particular camera
>  model/drivers installed?

Its doubtful AG will work in a VMware session unless you do some port
forwarding on your local firewall. Its a Multicast client with Unicast
capabilities. We use it from home to work over cable and it works
pretty well. But you will need to open ports 30000 to 65535 and
forward them to the IP of your image or local installation.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility