[SATLUG] Question about questions

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Feb 25 09:18:05 CST 2008

> Its doubtful AG will work in a VMware session unless you do some port
> forwarding on your local firewall. Its a Multicast client with Unicast
> capabilities. We use it from home to work over cable and it works
> pretty well. But you will need to open ports 30000 to 65535 and
> forward them to the IP of your image or local installation.

If AG is what you want to use, you can also get a CDROM install iso from
our download site (www.ultrascan.uthscsa.edu). That one installs the
same distro natively, and the networking will be less tricky, although
you will still have to open the UDP ports 30000 to 65535, if they
are blocked. I think all USB cameras supported under Linux can be used
on this distro - Jeremy, which ones do you recommend?

If you want to VC with someone for testing, send me a mail and meet you
in our UTHSCSA lobby:

https://ag1.v19.uthscsa.edu:9000/Venues/default

(use the UTHSCSA multicast bridge, or the NCSA or Argonne bridges if
you are not blessed with a multicast network)

More information on AccessGrid video conferencing can be found on:

http://www.accessgrid.uthscsa.edu/

Cheers, -b.