[SATLUG] Question about questions

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 09:51:37 CST 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Borries Demeler
<demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu> wrote:

>  Hey, maybe we could host a SATLUG meeting on campus and broadcast it on the AG?
>  Maybe more satlug members could participate, even though they aren't physically
>  able to show up for the meeting?
>
>  Steve (Kolars): Do you have sufficient bandwidth and AG equipment at SAC to broadcast AG?
>  If not, we could use our AG setup at UTHSCSA.

For years I've been wanting to do this, but I don't think SAC has
enough bandwidth. It would be perfect for archives since we could
record the session with AGVCR. Wanting to see the presentation from
<insert meeting day>? Download it from satlug.org and play it in
AGVCR.

Problems I forsee:

1. Using our AG portable node would be hauling everything down there
2. Projectors and screens, are there any in that room?
3. At least 10Mb/full duplex network, 100Mb would be better
4. What is the network pipe out of campus? Remember we brought down
the Valley campuses with just 5 participants.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility