[SATLUG] "Growing Linux" Thoughts

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 14:04:51 CST 2008

Ubuntu is actually at the point where you do not NEED to use the CLI.
Perhaps if you want to tweak certain things, you will use the CLI, but just
like a windows box, the majority of users can use it without the CLI.  As a
matter of fact, if you present it to new users without mentioning the CLI,
they will be able to use it better.  Sometimes, mentioning and showing a new
user the CLI will result in more problems than it's worth.  When I present
Ubuntu to new users, I don't talk about the CLI at all.  I have yet to have
an issue with that.