[SATLUG] 3d effects and ATi

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 01:24:47 CST 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 8:08 PM,  <riugakusei at aim.com> wrote:
>  whats ur suggestion? Fedora/??

Personally, I would choose Ubuntu or Debian.  Ubuntu also offers a
very easy way to configure the driver and enable compiz fusion.  For
RPM-dudes, Fedora/RHEL are acceptable alternatives to SuSE.  I have
used SuSE many times over the years, dating back to some of it's
beginnings, and I have never been impressed.  All I found that they
had going for them was a very slick initial install.  After that first
boot though, everything goes downhill from there...
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"It has been just so in all my inventions. The first step is an
intuition--and comes with a burst, then difficulties arise. This thing
gives out and then that--'Bugs'--as such little faults and
difficulties are called--show themselves and months of anxious
watching, study and labor are requisite before commercial success--or
failure--is certainly reached" -- Thomas Edison in a letter to
Theodore Puskas on November 18, 1878